Re: How can I discern egress traffic than ingress traffic?

Santi Anton wrote:
I have two interfaces, eth0 and eth1 but i can't
discern the egress traffic than ingress traffic. I
need to apply htb qdisc in both directions, and I read
that I need the IMQ patch to do this, because in
ingress qdisc i can't apply htb qdisc...but where is
the ingress qdisc? affect the traffic that goes from
eth0 to eth1 or is for the traffic that goes from eth1
to eth0?

You only need IMQ if you need to shape incoming traffic that is headed for the box that you are shaping with.

If you just need to shape LAN to internet both ways then you use say htb egress queues on eth0 and eth1 as the traffic coming in from the internet is being sent out to your LAN as egress on you LAN interface.

Andy.