Re: Load Balance Outbound AND Inbound Internet Traffic to one location over multiple links

Joe Nuts wrote:
I have boxes at both ends of the link. I have spent my whole day
searching the internet on anything to do with 'multilink ppp', and
have not found any decent documentation on how to set something like
that up. perhaps somone could point me to something?

I am not sure about setting up a server, but there must be a few examples of client setups around for ISDN. Here is one for DSL

http://www.freestuffjunction.co.uk/bondedadsl.shtml

As for the setup, server at the ISP has one public IP A, on public
network A. it receives/routes traffic for public network B.
the server at the client site has two public IP's, X and Y on public
network X and Y.
I would like for traffic sent to public network B to make it to client
computer, divided across the two IP's X, and Y. (this traffic will of
course go through server at the ISP, which will do the work in
splitting the traffic up)

You probably know more advanced routing than me - I have never played about with complicated setups. As far as using ppp - I don't think you have to worry about IP addresses too much - it's link level, so I think you can send whatever you like down it and it will appear at the other end.

Andy.