Re: [Marketing Mail] Outlook vs. Cyrus

On Jan 13, 2022, at 9:35 AM, Sven Schwedas <sven.schwedas@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On 13.01.22 13:29, Arnaldo Viegas de Lima wrote:
>>> On Jan 13, 2022, at 9:23 AM, Sven Schwedas <sven.schwedas@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> It might be more promising to investigate integrating Exchange into Thunderbird at this rate, especially if only a few users require access to both.
>> Tried that a few times. The problem is the Outlook is not a mail client, it’s a calendar+mail+etc+etc. Yet another M$ monster, designed to “work” only against their Exchange+AD monster. There is no way any other program can play 100% nicely with that.
>
> I had hoped the Thunderbird plugins for it might be good enough, but I've to admit I never got around to test them. Shame they're not good enough, but I guess it's to be expected from Microsoft…

I was never able to get a decent Thunderbird setup for Exchange with all the whistles and bells. Even the TNEF plugin would fail sometimes. Getting rid of exchange the only problem we still have is when so $#@$@#$ somewhere sends attachments that arrive in TNEF format and we need to decode it separately (on macOS there is a nice App for that, but one has to download the TNEF “file”). I do not understand why they keep on using it and claim it’s “standard” compliant. That’s M$