Re: Making future online meetings work (was:Re: Assessment criteria for decision on in-person/virtual IETF 108)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > On 20/04/2020 00:14, John C Klensin wrote:
    >> One of the other things that was apparently decided quickly and
    >> quietly before IETF 107 was the switch from Meetecho to WebEx for the
    >> plenary, BOFs and WG-type sessions.

    > I think I heard that the meetecho kit was in transit, so webex was not
    > "decided" upon in preference to meetecho, it was a force majure kind of
    > thing.

AFAIK, that turned out to be false.
Yes, the in-room kit was in transit, and we put up some servers on site to
make it work, but that was hardly the only servers we had/used.
We did not have complete information.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [