Re: [107attendees] Where the action is, at virtual meetings ...

On 3/27/20 2:09 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Mar 27, 2020, at 2:05 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm-ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From email we SHOULD be able to bootstrap meeting use of Jabber (or some other chat facility).

Yes, for those people who choose to ask and don’t just remain silent.  If we make it point-and-click, that problem goes away, and we aren’t wasting time helping people to learn how to jump through hoops.

point-and-click only works for special plugins like WebEx.  I can't point-and-click to send an email, as I have 4 email clients running at any time.  I have to right-click, copy, switch, open , and paste....

And each Jabber client is different in how it takes info to open a conversation.  Pidgin did not work with what was there.  So a lot of work will be needed here.  Maybe a new protocol?

It would be nice.

Oh and I kind of dread something like Etherpad in place of Jabber.  All these interactive Web apps, like Github are CPU and bandwidth killers.