Where the action is, at virtual meetings ...

I've heard almost every session chairs saying words like "we have X people who have signed the bluesheets, and 2X people who are in WebEx now, please go sign the bluesheet". So that's fine.

But I'm also noticing that there are about X people in Jabber, and honestly, this week, the jabber rooms are incredibly active - probably because they're playing the part of hallway discussions for each session. That's been especially true for BOFs, but almost every session has had a non-stop active jabber room for most/all of the session.

There are a lot of conversations there, that aren't making it into the mike line, so roughly half the people in WebEx aren't seeing them, and in the cases I'm familiar with, the jabber conversation has been at least as well-informed and serious as the voice conversation. And the voice conversation doesn't always end up in the same place as the jabber conversation.

Are other people noticing the same thing?

Best,

Spencer