Re: IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled

Hi Jordi,
At 01:28 AM 12-03-2020, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
The problem is that you're pointing to someone that, even if elected democratically, is creating troubles for the full planet, ignoring evident things like global warming ...

A government took a decision. There is also a decision by another government which restricts travel. You and I discuss could whether government X or government Y is right or wrong. It is highly unlikely that it would have any impact on the travel restrictions.

And the second problem is that asking for a decision "now" for something that will take place in almost 5 months from now, don't looks to me like smart.

I did not ask the IETF LLC for any decision. There are X months to do consider the risks. Another alternative is to wait X months and then operate in crisis mode.

I still think that the decision must be only based in the decisions of the local host government, of course, unless the full world prohibits traveling there.

Let's suppose we are already at the end of June and we need to take a decision. Let's suppose the Covid19 spread has gone lower in Spain. If US is the only country that prohibits people going to Spain, we must keep the meeting. US people decided what president they want, and this is a consequence of that.

It is the same if the situation is reversed and Spain (or any other country) government, decides to disallow travel to country x.

I suggest reading the policy about IETF meetings.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy