Re: IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled

Hi Rich,

The IESG and the IRTF Chair have been assessing the viability of the in-person meeting based on the community’s ability to be productive. Assessment of health concerns has been the job of the LLC, on a separate track.

The IESG and the IRTF Chair wanted to make our decision based on data to the extent possible. We sent our request for input to WG/RG chairs on March 4 as travel restrictions were accumulating. We requested responses by 12:00 UTC today. We made our decision shortly after that and communicated it to the community after coordinating a communications plan with the LLC.

Best,
Alissa