Re: IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

Someone send me a private email (suggested to send to the list) that effectively shows that the virus is not resistent to heat, so as much as we move towards spring/summer, less chances to propagate. Of course, we should not ask to have the meeting rooms freezing!

There is also humidity factor

https://www.livescience.com/27533-flu-transmission-humidity.html

"At humidity levels of 23 percent, 70 to 77 percent of the flu virus particles were still able to cause an infection an hour after the coughing simulation. But when humidity levels were raised to 43 percent, just 14 percent of the virus particles had the ability to infect. Most of the flu particles became inactive 15 minutes after they were released into the humid air. "The virus just falls apart," at high humidity levels, said study researcher John Noti, of the CDC's National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health."

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx