Re: Remote presenters for HotRFC in Vancouver? (was: Re: Side meetings in a virtual IETF meeting ?)

Carsten Bormann <cabo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> being able to go up to the person afterwards
    >> and chat is the reason it works in person.  That fails for remote presenters,
    >> and for remote audience, and therefore Youtube would be as good.

    > But that is entirely a tools limitation, or actually a limitation in
    > the way we use our tools.

    > It would be easy to have hallway rooms (e.g. in meet.jit.si) open for
    > each presentation after the presentation.  Linked from the hotrfc
    > agenda (which could also be made easier to find), so they are one click
    > away.

    > Yes, that would require local presenters to stay close to their laptops
    > a bit.

We should probably give each presenter a stable URN for this room, so that
they can publish this during their presentation, and we'll need to have a
queue system for asynchronous questions.

I know, let's call it: Sunday Meeting Talk-later Protocol. SMTP.
Is that taken?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-