Re: A suggestion for nomcom, LLC, IESG, IAB

Ted Lemon <mellon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    mcr> So, since you, and Ted, both former ADs, are asking, I'm guessing that
    mcr> this
    mcr> is not something occurs during the IESG retreats?

    > Even if it did, that’s too late. I didn’t really understand my job
    > until at
    > least a year in, possible a year and a half. And even then, some
    > communications training would have been /really/ useful.

but, I mean, you get appointed in march, and the first retreat is at
most May 20, but that's too late?

Are you saying that WG chairs (who are the only people eligible to become
ADs), should all get this training, so that we can find out if they are
any good at being leaders, before we appoint them?

(I'm all for that, and I've given feedback to the Routing ADs that I wanted
this before...)

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [