Re: A suggestion for nomcom, LLC, IESG, IAB

Terry Manderson <terry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > May I please suggest that the various leadership bodies
    > institutionalise a programme that whenever a person is seated (or
    > reseated) into a leadership role for the IETF that person is sent on a
    > training course promptly. The training course should have a curriculum
    > so to allow the person to re-connect with some concepts like the
    > leader-follower dynamic, the qualities of a leader, expectations and
    > needs of followers, and the strong difference between leadership and
    > power.

So, since you, and Ted, both former ADs, are asking, I'm guessing that this
is not something occurs during the IESG retreats?

    > I think it might also be worthwhile to offer such training courses to
    > any potential leadership candidates at the cost of the candidate.

Are you thinking about something where maybe a Sat/Sun after IETF course
is organized to people who want it, (paid for by them).

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [