A suggestion for nomcom, LLC, IESG, IAB

All,

In listening through the discussions at the plenary this evening I would like to make a suggestion regarding the seating, or reseating, of future IETF leaders.

May I please suggest that the various leadership bodies institutionalise a programme that whenever a person is seated (or reseated) into a leadership role for the IETF that person is sent on a training course promptly. The training course should have a curriculum so to allow the person to re-connect with some concepts like the leader-follower dynamic, the qualities of a leader, expectations and needs of followers, and the strong difference between leadership and power.

I think it might also be worthwhile to offer such training courses to any potential leadership candidates at the cost of the candidate.

Cheers,
Terry
--
Mobile device, don't expect grammar.