Re: A suggestion for nomcom, LLC, IESG, IAB

On 25-Jul-19 12:39, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Ted Lemon <mellon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     mcr> So, since you, and Ted, both former ADs, are asking, I'm guessing that
>     mcr> this
>     mcr> is not something occurs during the IESG retreats?
>
>     > Even if it did, that’s too late. I didn’t really understand my job
>     > until at
>     > least a year in, possible a year and a half. And even then, some
>     > communications training would have been /really/ useful.
>
> but, I mean, you get appointed in march, and the first retreat is at
> most May 20, but that's too late?

Yes. By the end of April you're on the hook and wriggling, or alternatively
you've been pedalling the treadmill for 3 or 4 IESG meeting cycles. It sounds
like a good idea *iff* you find the right trainer, but it should happen before
the March changeover day IMHO.

   Brian