Re: On XML and $EDITORs (Re: Things that used to be clear (was ...)) "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

On 7/11/19 5:30 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
On 11.07.2019 11:24, Keith Moore wrote:
On 7/11/19 4:32 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

On 10.07.2019 18:52, Keith Moore wrote:
On 7/10/19 12:31 PM, Nico Williams wrote:

would be nice if there were a standard format we could use, but I
XML is standard;

Ah.  That explains why every time I try to write a new RFC, the required
format has changed in an incompatible way.

Example?

It has been long enough that I don't remember the details.   Of course

So I guess it's not as dramatic as it sounded...

I suppose next time I need to record in detail the problems that crop up as I'm frantically trying to get a draft in before the deadline... though this might cause me to miss the deadline, so I probably won't.

But it's definitely been more recent than in the past 10 years. (of course it's possible that before that I had been using some sort of compatibility hack.)

Something I've observed my entire career is that people don't like changing tools that already work for them.   Even if the new tool is much better, though usually it isn't.

Keith