Re: Things that used to be clear (was Re: Evolving Documents (nee "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 11:06 AM Ted Lemon <mellon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jul 10, 2019, at 11:05 AM, Richard Barnes <rlb@xxxxxx> wrote:
I'm guessing many more just don't contribute.

No, I mean what do they use that makes them think what we use is hard?

Well, by definition, they do not use the IETF's bespoke tools.

Think about what you use in your non-IETF life.  Word, Google Docs, maybe LaTeX, ... A lot of engineers these days have already encountered Markdown via things like GitHub's support for it in READMEs and comments [1], ReadTheDocs [2], or Hugo [3].

--Richard

[1] https://help.github.com/en/articles/basic-writing-and-formatting-syntax
[2] https://docs.readthedocs.io/en/stable/intro/getting-started-with-sphinx.html#using-markdown-with-sphinx
[3] https://gohugo.io/content-management/formats/