Re: Things that used to be clear (was Re: Evolving Documents (nee "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:56 AM Ted Lemon <mellon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jul 10, 2019, at 9:56 AM, Richard Barnes <rlb@xxxxxx> wrote:
I'm glad it works for you.  The non-IETF-habituated new authors I've worked with have found it mystifying.  Including everyone from junior engineers to Fellows of major engineering organizations.

What do they use instead?

The web-based Markdown tool I wrote a little while ago [1] has a few users.  The more motivated ones clone Martin Thomson's template repo [2] and work from there in Markdown.

I'm guessing many more just don't contribute.

--Richard

[1] https://ipv.sx/draftr
[2] https://github.com/martinthomson/i-d-template