Re: RFC Series Editor Resignation

It is probably worth remembering that a lot of clever people can come together and jointly arrive at an outcome none of them would have advocated had they been thinking clearly.

One of the problems with voluntary societies is that a lot of people can end up assuming that they are all in charge of micromanaging the employees. It happens in local government as well, trying to explain to people that if you want 'better teachers' then you probably have to think in terms of improving pay and conditions rather than working out how to sack the ones you think are bad.

At this stage, I cannot even remember what the technical issues at RFC++ were, I remember the BOF itself quite vividly because of the circumstances.

Given the amount of travel the IETF expects the RSE to do and the fact that it requires a very skill set different from the one that most of us have, it is going to be difficult to find people willing to do it. That probably should have been considered earlier.