Re: RFC Series Editor Resignation

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 16:56, Randy Bush <randy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
[ just hitting reply to be in thread, not pointing at you, sob ]

tom jennings (still a friend), the creator of fidonet[0], was repeatedly
pressured to make rules.  he eventually gave in and made two rules.  of
course, they immediately became expanded by the embellishers, resulting
in https://www.fidonet.org/policy4.txt, from which i quote

  The FidoNet judicial philosophy can be summed up in two rules:

     1) Thou shalt not excessively annoy others.

     2) Thou shalt not be too easily annoyed.

I think I'm right in suggesting that all legal codes are simply this, but with a little more definition of "annoy", "excessively", and "easily".

Dave.