Re: cultural sensitivity towards new comers (was Re: voting rights in general)

Yoav Nir <ynir.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > The converse is, of course, worse. With the same cultural norms, if
    > someone goes to the mic and calls you out for what you are saying, he’s
    > either a rude boor who should be ignored, or someone who is so
    > important and knowledgeable that he’s not bound by the rules. I don’t
    > know how it helps to show you a slide saying that around here everyone
    > will call you out in public. Are we just saying that everyone is a rude
    > boor?

Than you for this explanation, I like it.

Am I supposed to take the culture of the (newcomer) presenter into account?

As a chair, if I get a pile of slides that simply won't go down well, how to
do tell the presenter why they aren't getting a time allocation.

If I'm not the chair, and the endless slideware shows up, how to I tell the
chair to stop wasting our time?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-