Re: voting rights in general

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019, Nico Williams wrote:
Turnover rates in leadership are probably not unrelated to turnover
rates in "membership".  It sounds like we need to attract new
participants.

Quite right.  I'd put that pretty high on the list of things to work on.

and has perhaps a bit less testosterone.

Is the quip about testosterone one about how better to avoid conflict,
or about gender ratios?  Either way, I don't disagree.

Both, really, and I think they're related. To the extent that the IETF seems like an old boys' club where it's acceptable to be gratuitously unpleasant, we discourage people who already have to deal with too much of that.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY