Re: Jabber [Was: Plenary questions]

WebEx is disastrously bad.   Really poor video compression with, ironically, fairly bad quality, doesn't work through a lot of firewalls, etc.  People are switching away from WebEx to Zoom nowadays, because the UX is so much better.  Maybe the Q&A tools are worth it, but I kind of doubt it.   We should just figure out how to do fair queuing for the IETF generally, and that should work fine for the plenary as well.   The trick is that right now queuing at the mic lines is not part of the queuing system—it's just done ad hoc, and generally not well.   So then when you have fair queuing competing with ad hoc queuing, the result is mayhem.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM Jared Mauch <jared@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Perhaps it makes sense for the Plenary to just use WebEx?  It has good Q&A tools when used properly.

- Jared