Re: Jabber [Was: Plenary questions]

The things that should have been easy in XMPP started to be hard. Multiple presence. Directed presences, etc suffer from engineers delight and result in end user pain.

Less is more, etc...

Why do people use the centralized services like slack, AWS, etc? Because they don’t want to manage all the details, they just want a service that works. When we select these technology and techniques are we doing them for our own joy or the end users?

I don’t run an XMPP server anymore due to the spam and reliability issues.

Sent from my iCar