Re: Diversity considerations

On 9/26/18 6:47 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:
> Due to some of the unwritten criteria, if you haven't been a WG chair,
> you essentially can not be confirmed as an AD.    Even a person who has had
> significant leadership roles in another SDO, or wrote a few very widely
> implemented and cited protocols (even with multiple books about them).
> Are these things reasonable?  Debatable, but there is some reason behind it.

Well, I can see that with people from other SDOs (because of
structural and process differences) but I do think that one
way we can expand the pool of nominees (plus possibly address
the diversity problem) would be to be willing to appoint people
who may not have been chairs but who've done significant work
in the IETF.  I would definitely support appointing someone
with excellent skills and a history in the IETF but without
AD experience.

Melinda