Re: Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-16

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 11:24:31PM +0000, Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) wrote:
> Benjamin -
>

> Please review https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8126#section-1.1
>

> In particular (emphasis added):
>

> " The purpose of having a dedicated IANA Considerations section is to
>
>    provide a single place to collect clear and concise information and
>
>    instructions for IANA.  Technical documentation should reside in
>
>    other parts of the document…”
>

> I think what you propose is not consistent with the intent of the IANA section.

What about Section 1.1, "guidance describing the conditions under which new
values should be assigned [...] is needed", or section 1.3's checklist:

   7.  If you're using a policy that requires a designated expert
       (Expert Review or Specification Required), understand Section 5
       and provide review guidance to the designated expert (see
       Section 5.3).

Section 4.5 (Expert Review) even goes into more detail, though I'll stop
quoting now.

-Benjamin