Re: Diversity considerations (was: Re: General non-confidential input to NomCom)

Hi John,

I am not suggesting "diversity first" or above all.  Technical
qualifications and experience matter a lot.  Also, diversity means more
than just national origin or skin color or gender.  It means diversity
of experience, diversity of opinion, and diversity of interest,
alongside all that other stuff.  We have always been at risk of a
monoculture forming in our leadership ranks, and it has from time to
time.  It's up to the NOMCOM to keep that from happening.

Eliot