Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Proposed Photography Policy

On Mar 2, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Seriously: i think we gave some specific examples where we are
taking photographs in support of the work we are doing at IETF
and it was totally unclear how that would continue to be
possible in face of the suggested policies.

Taking a picture to show who was present is unnecessary—that's what the blue sheets are for.   However, you can do it, as is clearly stated in the policy.   Taking a picture to show how many hands went up is arguably not as good as just writing down their names, as is traditional, but if you want to do that, that's also allowed by the policy.

However, the policy quite correctly points out that there are reasons _not_ to do this, and so maybe you should reconsider whether it is actually the right thing to be doing.   If your conclusion is that it is, then is there something in the actual policy that you are reading that conflicts with an activity you would actually want to do?