Re: Proposed Photography Policy

On 3/2/18 4:12 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
(5) As others have suggested, what is needed for the rest of us
taking pictures of each other is probably more guidance and
education, not more policies, especially ones that we know
cannot be enforced (at least in isolation).

To be clear, the proposed statement regarding "the rest of us" is:

We ask that those
participants respect the above policies and avoid photographing
individuals who have asked not to be photographed.
...which is basically a restatement of Wheaton's Law.

We can split hairs on whether this is a policy or "guidance and education," but it's far less transactional than your characterization makes it out to be.

/a