Re: Proposed Photography Policy

On 3/2/18 1:09 PM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
I would note that for transparency, when our leadership is performing their roles as leaders, they ahve to expect to be photographed.  That includes at least the IAB, the IESG, and our WG Chairs.
I also think that photographing presenters is something we should allow as expected behavior (without harassing the presenter or disrupting the presentation.)

Do you have an issue with a statement of: "Specifically, photographs of panels and the like (e.g., the IESG/IAB plenary) are expected to contain all individuals regardless of labelling"?

I would want to be clear that as far as official actions, while we will endevour to respect preferences, mistakes will sometimes be made.  And they may not be detectable afterwards (if the picture does not include the badge.)  We should be careful not to create an expectation that we will do the impossible.

Would you be okay addressing this with language of the form "it is a best effort service and some mistakes will likely be made, perhaps because someone's label is not noticed or visible. Individuals can contact XXX to arrange for redaction of their images, or YYY to report abuse"?

/a