Re: Proposed Photography Policy

Hi Paul.

I think the policy as stated is actually intended to conform to the cases as you state them.

Specifically, it says:
"
Any photographer engaged on behalf of the IETF should not photograph individuals
displaying the "do-not-photograph" label, should make reasonable
efforts to avoid photographing small groups with one or more members
displaying the label, and should not publish small group photographs
with such individuals in them. Photographs of large groups may contain
incidental images of such individuals and we will not attempt to
redact those. Specifically, photographs of panels and the like (e.g.,
the IESG/IAB plenary) are expected to contain all individuals
regardless of labelling."

This norm is intended to apply to individual photographers as well, so if you took
a picture of a large room and there were people with red (or whatever) lanyards
on, that happens, but if you take a picture of a small number of people and one
has a red lanyard on, then that's less OK.

-Ekr