Re: Proposed Photography Policy

> On Mar 3, 2018, at 4:33 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Mixing human labelling and a asking for people to respect the labels is doomed to protocol failure.

Agreed.  And as a practical matter, I think we’d find that someone who wore a "do not photograph” label would find themselves inadvertently getting *more* scrutiny at an IETF meeting, not less.  I.e., if you saw someone wearing such a label (unless they were very common), your natural reaction (as much as you might try to do otherwise) would be to look more closely at their name tag to note who they are (and then internally speculate on why they might not want to be photographed).

I don’t deny that there are people out there who would find it uncomfortable to be photographed (or even looked at) in a public forum such as an IETF meeting.  Most such people would probably end up preferring to attend the meeting remotely.

	Ross.