Re: MHonArc archives to be retired?

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Russ Housley <housley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On Feb 15, 2018, at 10:33 AM, Kathleen Moriarty <kathleen.moriarty.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I also much prefer the MHonArc archives and would not like to see it go away.
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 9:56 AM, Lou Berger <lberger@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> It would be good to capture/report any issues you have with the new tool so
>>> that it can be addressed before the old archives go away.  The biggest issue
>>> that I've heard is yet to be address is speed to access/browse a WG archive
>>> -- which interestingly enough I don't see in the open tickets [1]...
>>
>> I find it easier to follow email threads, the linkage between them and
>> how easy it is to pick a single message out of the thread are some of
>> the reasons for me.  It's the visual access, so I haven't opened a
>> ticket as I think it's not as easy to replicate.
>
> Major improvements were made in the last release,  Have you looked recently?

Yes, I use both somewhat regularly with checks on SecDir reviews to
see if there are responses to reviews.  I find it much easier to
quickly see if there was a response and to follow the thread with
HMonArc.  I'll try again to see if I can come up with helpful
suggestions on how to improve the interface and visuals.

--

Best regards,
Kathleen