Re: archiving paperless journals, was IETF Journal - November 2017

And that is all less than, or about, 50 years.   I do believe we
are getting better at this sort of thing, as John and others
have pointed out. ...

No kidding, and actual librarians have given this far more thought than we dilettantes ever will. The reason PDF/A is a good format for archiving is not that 10K random people might use it, but that a lot of archival librarians who understand the issues use it.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",