Re: paperless journals, was IETF Journal - November 2017

That does not need to be paper but, in addition to the
considerations Phillip mentions, I think we need to be concerned
about bit rot and issues of, not only difficulties recovering
bits from media but easily interpreting the bits once received.

The RSE recently made an arrangement with the Computer History Museum to archive RFCs in a way that is intended to be stable over the long term.

I expect that we could easily add a one-sentence addendum to that agreement to include the IETF J and anything else we might want to keep in the long term, such as the meeting minutes and (if they still exist) proceedings.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY