Re: paperless journals, was IETF Journal - November 2017

On 10/11/2017 10:02, John Levine wrote:
> In article <46991942-1e08-cb7a-3777-4cb4f11ff0fb@xxxxxxxxx> you write:
>>>  We look forward to closing our print version and launching ourselves fully into the digital world in 2018.
>>
>> However, BCP 9/RFC 2026 section 6.1.3 states that:
>>
>>>    An official summary of standards actions completed and pending shall
>>>    appear in each issue of the Internet Society's newsletter.  This
>>>    shall constitute the "publication of record" for Internet standards
>>>    actions.
>>
>> When the IETF Journal started, it took over as the medium for this requirement.
>> Are we happy that this will become an on-line only publication?
>
> Do any libraries actually keep paper newsletters any more?

Very few. I'm not sure it will turn out to be such a good decision 100 years
from now - historians often use ephemera of this kind - but that's the
way things are going.

Now that SM has set me straight, I am not suggesting any action
at all.

    Brian