Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 12:48:42PM -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2017, at 11:38 AM, Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Is that not what IoT will be all about ?
>
> IoT is about spying on people. [*] Don't believe me?  Do a job search for IoT and see what skills employers are looking for.
>
> [*] and drastically increasing the network's vulnerability to attack, of course.

I was always looking for a good distinction between IoT
and how Internet companies made their money before IoT:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_Internet_companies

NOT!

So i continue to claim that IoT will inherit all the good and bad of the
Internet, but it is not the Internet, yet ISOC activies should and do
care about it. So, where's that in the mission statement ?

Cheers
    Toerless

P.S.: Mission stsatement since 2002:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtCittJyr0