Re: Considerations Considerations Section

This should be referred to whomever promoted Major Major.

On 9/29/17 10:39 AM, Mehmet Ersue wrote:
Dear Dave,

to be able to consider all considerations not yet considered and should be considered in potential considerations sections, would you please consider to provide a considerations draft for discussion.

Mehmet

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Cridland
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 5:09 PM
To: Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx Discussion <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Considerations Considerations Section

On 29 September 2017 at 16:02, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Dave Cridland <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
All,

Given that the solution to all problems seems always to have a new
Considerations Section, I'd like to propose that all new I-Ds
published have a Considerations Considerations Section, which
provides considerations over what else might be considered when
considering the considerations not yet considered in the other
considerations sections.

I believe this can only help us consider many problems solved.

All that the considerations sections do is to break out material that
has to be called out to the attention of different groups so that they
don't have to read the entire draft every time.

As the IETF becomes more process driven and the processes make more
sense, this is expected and an improvement.

I would like to move to a machine readable IANA section at some future
incarnation of xml2rfc.

This sounds like a fine idea, all things considered.

Dave.

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra