Re: Should the IETF be condoning, even promoting, BOM pollution?

If you want to reduce this to analogies, your proposal is much closer to the situation we had in the IETF a couple of decades ago when it came to NATs: we preferred architecturally pristine approaches that shattered into useless, broken shards on contact with reality.

/a