Re: Should the IETF be condoning, even promoting, BOM pollution?

On 2017-09-18 22:28, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Sep 18, 2017, at 4:25 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx <mailto:julian.reschke@xxxxxx>> wrote:
Is this the paragraph you're referring to?

Yes.

I think you're reading something into this that's no there.

Concrete example: a system text editor that defaults to the system encoding (for historic reasons). Are you saying it's buggy when it continues to do so?

(And yes, my *preference* is an UTF-8 world as well, but sometimes it's hard to get there)

Best regards, Julian