Re: Incremental Deployment of CLAT on the router for IETF Meetings

On 8/2/2017 7:51 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> Then I guess we fully agree, and I believe I was the first one reminding that our network is a production one …
>
> As we already had a NAT64 SSID for some time, the right step for IETF100 will be then to have a CLAT SSID, so it can be tested by those folks that want to test it.
>
> I’m happy to help the NOC team to do that if they need help.
>
> Regards,
> Jordi

That would be good, especially if the CLAT network did NOT include any
DNS64 function. There is a growing suspicion that hacking the DNS in the
name of IPv6 transition was a really bad idea. we have heard it many
times -- breaking DNSSEC, not working with VPN, or Netflix, or Skype.
Also, we know that a large fraction of DNS query are served by Google
DNS and other global providers, which means that the DNS64 hacking
server will not see them. So, if we could demonstrate that DNS64 is not
needed for transition, that would be great.

-- Christian Huitema

--
Christian Huitema