Re: Cross-area review (was Meeting rotation)

We’ve got the existence proof of the counter example in SIP. I cannot count how many times I heard, “Yes, I know foo is broken, but it has been in 2543bis-02 and now we are at 2543bis-06 and we could not possibly make a change because so many vendors implemented to bis-02.” Egad! We could not change what was in an Internet *Draft*??? Imagine the pushback to changing an RFC.