Re: Cross-area review (was Meeting rotation)

On 12/18/2015 4:07 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
I am prepared to believe that we are in fact doing it more
systematically.  If so, however, the argument you make for the
kismet-review effect of full IETF meetings is actually weaker, since
the system could be set up to encourage things via lists and so on.

Well... That depends on how reviews are done and how the kismet-contacts affect that.

Massive numbers and types of problems get missed by the reviews that are currently done. That's not because people don't care or are insufficiently knowledgeable. I'm not sure what could reliably done to reliably improve the catching of serious problems, but currently we are reliably missing lots of stuff, lots of times.

Kismet contacts increase the range of brains and eyes looking at stuff. In statistical terms, that makes it more likely that someone will catch one or another significant issue. Who and when and what aren't predictable, but the overall odds get better.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking