Cross-area review (was Meeting rotation)

On 19/12/2015 12:36, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
<snip>
> Finally, there's been a great deal of worry about the lack of
> cross-area review that we get these days,...

I'd want objective evidence that we get less cross-area review than
at some date in the past before worrying a great deal. It seems to me
that we are actually doing it more systematically than in the past.

>...  but it doesn't seem to me
> that the meetings obviously help with that except by accident.

But those accidents - hearing about something by chance that you would
never discover by chance on-line - are a major part of the advantage of
our plenary weeks. Being all in one place and time zone allows those
useful accidents to happen.

   Brian