Re: Cross-area review (was Meeting rotation)

> For better or worse, I have a lot of trouble believing that
> scenario could play out the same way today.

Mumble. I’m not sure. I seem to recall many cases
where somebody has to explain to $vendor that
things have changed and they can’t do what
they wanted to do. In more cases than just
draft changes.

Results of course vary. But, ultimately it is an IETF
community decision on what a working group does.
Do they weigh the existing implementation base
or some other factors more? You or me might
disagree with some of those decisions… perhaps
on good grounds. I’m not sure the overall situation
would be better if we somehow got to override
the wg opinions. (Except of course on clear
issues that fulfil Discuss criteria.)

Jari