Re: draft discussion lists

On Sep 3, 2014, at 11:08 PM, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why are those rules apparently being ignored regularly with
> absolutely no ill effects to the authors?

I can say what happens in my part of the world; I can’t make a general statement.

In my part of the world, the naming guideline for a working group draft is used by IETF tools, and as a result datatracker will or will not do various things with a draft. If the name contains the name of my working group, the working group will be notified to take a look at it, and my private tools will track it. If people file drafts without it, the process becomes manual, and they’re going to have to do that themselves and/or advise me to keep track of the draft.