Re: gmail users read on...

On 08/29/14 08:20, l.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Counterpoint: I know of a 20person company that ran off google apps and gmail (under an owned domain) for over a year, and are only transitioning off it to inhouse corporate Exchange after the subsequent acquisition and IPO.
>
> Many use these services, because they're better and more reliable for their purposes than the alternatives available to them. They're making professional choices.

I agree.

I've also seen many people who keep a gmail or other mass market account
as a professional address knowing that they will move between
institutional addresses.  As companies come and go faster and people
transition between them more often, keeping a semi-permanent
professional contact point is a sound strategy.

I think that it is unwise to use gmail as a "bozo filter" these days.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: