Re: gmail users read on...

> Counterpoint: I know of a 20person company that ran off google apps and gmail (under an owned domain)

Yes, using your own (or your company's, or your school's) domain name is fine - even with hosted email services like GMail and Yahoo Mail.  (In fact, if Yahoo Mail users choose use their own domain name - rather than "@yahoo.com" - then the email that they send won't be subject to DMARC.)  It's just the "@yahoo.com" or "@gmail.com" domain name that looks unprofessional.

	Ross.