Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 2:17 AM, David Morris <dwm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of the ways we deal with SPAM and DOS attacks is to intentionally slow
> the process. Ted's proposal would be vastly improved with the provision
> that access, once authenticated, was delayed approximately the same
> amount of time as the current manual process. Propably with some
> form of the failed login approach ... maximum requests per week or
> other similar unit of time.

Just as a point of clarification, I did not actually make a proposal;
I asked whether the IESG had considered using making them available
outside the proceedings and other a different set of terms of use.  I
would be happy to make an actual proposal if the IESG decides it is
willing to consider that approach, but I'm not going to bother
drafting such a thing if they are firmly convinced that the
proceedings are the right way to go.

regards,

Ted