Re: [sieve] Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-08.txt> (Sieve Notifica tion Mechanism: SIP MESSAGE) to Proposed Standard

Pete Resnick wrote:
> We were told by the other company employees who facilitated the
> disclosures, at the time of the disclosures, that this was strictly an
> individual's failure to comply with the IETF IPR Policy, that the author
> in question claims not to have understood the IETF IPR Policy, and that
> the company proceeded to make these disclosures as soon as it discovered
> that this IPR existed. I have no information to contradict that claim.

Barry also said that company procedures have been improved to prevent
this particular type of failure in the future.

Speaking as Sieve WG member and sieve developer, I'm in favour of
treating this as a mishap (albeit a bad one), not an attempt at deception.

Arnt