Re: voting system for future venues?

    Ole> The Sofitel Manila is where APRICOT 2009 was held. A great
    Ole> venue, possibly even large enough to hold an IETF (I am not
    Ole> sure), *and* the rate (at the time) at 7,525 Pesos was pretty
    Ole> good. Today it is $177 which is still pretty good. The question
    Ole> is: would the IETF go to the Philippines for a meeting. It's
    Ole> worth finding out.

I can't find a flight that gets me there in less than 2 days from
Canada.  I tried for November.  Most transit US (a -0.5 for me), many
connect in Tokyo or Hong Kong or Seoul... hmm.  travel on Friday is
easier than Saturday.  The price is about the same as I paid for Prague.
The cheapest connects in Guam, which I've always wanted to do.

(Of course, the price to Tokyo or Hong Kong or Seoul will be higher..)

But, what will the price be, once we get our "block"?

] mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.